A phone call can change your life
Sometimes, all it takes is one phone call to change your life. Here is a list of hotline and helplines that can get you into addiction treatment, or to a safe place to wait for help. Please note that not all hotlines are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you don’t get in touch with a live person, keep calling and move down the list.
- 1-800-999-9999 National Directory of Drug Hotlines, Narcotics Hotlines, and Crisis Intervention Centers
- 1-800-662-HELP Drug and Alcohol Hotline for Rehab/Treatment Referral Service
- Alcoholics Anonymous 24 hour helplines by zip code
- Narcotics Anonymous hotlines and helplines
- 1-800-356-9996 Al-Anon & Alateen crisis line
- 1-800-COCAINE National Cocaine Hotline, 24-hour counseling and referral
- 1-800-9-HEROIN National Heroin Hotline
- 1-888-MARIJUA National Marijuana Hotline
- 1-800-273-TALK National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-WORKPLACE Drug-Free Workplace Help
Let’s verify your coverage for treatment at an American Addiction Centers location. Your information is kept 100% confidential.
More drug and alcohol hotlines
Please use the comment box below to add the telephone number for a national hotline that you think may help our readers.